UNEB Research Officer-Instruments Developments, Numeracy (NAPE) Job Vacancy
Responsible to Senior Research Officer- Instrument Development, NAPE
Responsible for Ad-hoc support staff (ID)
- Salary Scale EB 5
- Purpose of the Job
To develop numeracy items and test instruments for assessment of learners’ achievement in selected classes at the Primary Education level under the National Assessment of Progress in Education.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting analyses of Uganda Primary Schools’ numeracy curriculum and defining constructs and competencies for numeracy assessment.
- Developing content frameworks, test frameworks, and item specifications to guide the construction of items for numeracy.
- Identifying and suggesting suitable teachers for training in the development of numeracy assessment items.
- Leading the construction and paneling of items for numeracy and preparing them for pretesting.
- Coordinating and leading the scoring of numeracy items and instruments following prescribed procedures.
- Leading the review of numeracy pretest items against analysis results to determine their usability in an instrument for numeracy
- Using analyzed and performing pretest items to compile a final instrument for numeracy.
- Contributing to the writing of reports on learners’ achievement in numeracy.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Defined constructs and competencies for numeracy
- Content frameworks, test frameworks, and item specifications for numeracy
- Constructed items for numeracy.
- Scorers’ report on numeracy pretested items.
- Final assessment instruments for numeracy.
- Report on review of numeracy items against analysis results
- Banked items for numeracy.
- Scorers’ report on final assessment instruments for numeracy.
- Key Decision Making
- Defining sub-tasks
- Arrangements for workshops
- Form and content of reports.
- Items for banking
- Person Specifications
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
- Hons Bachelor’s degree with a professional teaching qualification of a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) majoring in Maths /Physics or Maths/Biology OR Hons Bachelor’s degree in Education majoring in Maths /Physics or Maths/Biology.
- Work Experience
At least 3 years’ experience in educational assessment work, related to test development/item development in the relevant areas.
- Examiner/Moderator skills.
- Curricula interpretation abilities
- Good interpersonal relations and collaborative skills
- Numerical Analytical skills.
- Word processing, spreadsheets, and database computer applications
- Technical report writing abilities
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Terms of Service: Permanent
35 Matyrs’ Way Ntinda, Kampala, UGANDA.
- Working hours:
Mon – Fri: 8AM – 5PM
- Call us Toll Free: