About the World Bank Group:
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
The World Bank Country Office in Uganda has an opening for an Administrative Assistant/Transaction Processor level GB on a renewable appointment for an initial three years period.
Roles And Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will work as part of the administrative and resource management staff in the Country Office. Under the general supervision of the Resource Management Analyst, she/he will carry out the following duties and accountabilities:
- Provide primary assistance and support to the Resource Management Team in processing accounting and administrative transactions for the country office in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures ensuring that the required documentation is in place before processing the transactions.
- Create Country Office (CO) purchase orders (PO), Service Entry Sheets and Short-Term contracts in admin portal.
- Coordinate with responsible staff on closure of old PO commitments, clean up and clearance of open items and accruals.
- Handle routine payment related queries from vendors and supporting the Country Office Accountant to ensure vendor accounts are reconciled on a regular basis.
- Receiving vendor invoices, ensuring compliance with Global Payment Provider system requirements.
- Master the Global Payments Provider (GPP) system to assist CO staff, internal & external clients and vendors as appropriate including ensuring vendor bank details are up to date in the GPP system.
- Frequent interaction with GPP Team and timely response to the daily reports.
- Keep track of payments submitted, ensure vendor payments are processed and received in a timely manner.
- Monitor usage of office consumables/supplies and produce monthly reports.
- Assist in asset management tasks including physical verification, maintenance, recording, reconciliation, monitor movements and participate in asset disposal activities.
- Handle routine data entry, check writing, online banking, filing of accounting documents and Resource Management records.
- Compile VAT claims and other statutory requirements for review before submission to government on a monthly basis.
- Handle custody of petty cash and cash collections.
- Handle vendor registration for firms and organizations.
- Ensure that service providers’ maintenance contracts are valid and up to date; and that office services are provided and monitored on a regular basis.
- Respond to Quality Assurance Services’ queries or other reviewing units as required.
- Provide appropriate back up to colleagues and perform other tasks assigned with respect to the Country Office program.
- The suitable candidate should be a holder of a high school certificate, preferably a college diploma (or higher) or associate degree in accounting or a related discipline with at least three years of working experience, preferably in a computerized work environment.
- Demonstrate technical skills working with Microsoft office.
- Knowledge and experience working with SAP R3 Enterprise will be an added advantage.
- Commitment to team-oriented work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of the Internal control guidelines, ability to ensure compliance and escalate any potential control risks.
- Proven consistent dedication to excellence and attention to details.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with external vendors to provide high level services to the office.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, initiative, resourcefulness, effective time management, organizational skills and ability to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the supervisor and respond to client requests.
- Strong communication skills. Should have a good command of English language both written and oral.
- Ability to process accounting and administrative transactions in accordance with accounting/procurement policies and World Bank code of conduct.
- Ability to resolve transactional issues requiring interpretation of policies and procedures and prepare ad hoc analyses based on accounting information stored in various source systems (e.g. SAP).
- Good team player with proven ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to create, apply and share knowledge.
- Ability to understand the needs of the client and develop the best approach to meet client needs.
- Good organizational and task management skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dead-line oriented environment, managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 3rd March, 2020