About World Bank:
The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. The World Bank provides low-interest loans, zero to low-interest credits, and grants to developing countries. These support a wide array of investments in such areas as education, health, public administration, infrastructure, financial and private sector development, agriculture, and environmental and natural resource management. Some of our projects are co-financed with governments, other multilateral institutions, commercial banks, export credit agencies, and private sector investors.
Job Summary: The Team Assistant will work under the leadership of the Country Manager and day to day supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant who provides guidance to the ACS (administrative client support) staff. Selected candidate will provide administrative and client support to the Operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The World Bank Team Assistant’s duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Operational and administrative support:·
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to World Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders (TTLs) into the central database, including processing new project status reports.·
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
- Draft correspondence (standard letters, memos, faxes, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials;
- Draft minutes of meetings and help in editing large documents.
- Maintain up-to-date unit project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the TTLs, Country Manager and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU).
Information Management and Client interaction:
· Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
· Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
· Co-ordinate with service units and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
· Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
Time management & Logistics planning:
· Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information.
· Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
· Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
· Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
· Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the World Bank Group Team Assistant job placement should preferably hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or Business Administration.
· At least three years of relevant work experience in a large International or Service or Private Sector Organization.
· Proficiency in using advanced functions on Bank standard computer applications (Windows applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Knowledge of and ability to execute diverse work procedures related to the timely processing and production of assigned outputs and supporting administrative activities.
· Applied knowledge of Bank’s organization, procedures and practices, including Bank records management and filing procedures.
· Thorough knowledge of work procedures in assigned work unit.
· Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps; and to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
· Committed, dedicated and a team player with ability to deal tactfully and effectively with staff and clients in a multi-cultural environment.
· Proficient English skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure.
Technology and systems knowledge
– Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills as technology.·
Project and task management
– Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.·
Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrates knowledge of own department’s programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and can apply/ implement them.·
Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.·
Client Orientation – Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; can understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.·
Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.·
Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view·
Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Has good knowledge of official unit’s language(s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.·
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries
NB: Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the World Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications Online by reviewing details at the web link below and clicking Apply Now on getting a broader insight of vacancy.
Deadline: 3rd March 2020