- To support the Head of Compliance and the embedded business risk management function to discharge their responsibilities relating to compliance monitoring and assurance as required by relevant regulatory requirements, applicable codes of conduct and minimum standards.
- To continuously monitor compliance with laws and regulations by the organisation and thereby facilitate the establishment of a compliance culture in the organisation that contributes to prudent risk management
- To assist in the prevention of regulatory fines or penalties through the early identification of potential areas of non-compliance
- To provide guidance to business in developing remediation programmes that ensures adherence to regulatory requirements
- To ensure remedial action is executed to improve the control environment and prevent any further repeat non-compliance
- Utilise relevant input in formulating a flexible annual monitoring plan
- Co-ordinate planning within the compliance department and other assurance providers to ensure efficient coverage of compliance risk
- In alignment with methodology execute Compliance reviews which are strategic, thematic and structural, to deliver the required level of assurance
- Regularly follow-up on issues raised in reviews to ensure successful resolution of the remedial action
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with key assurance providers in the group and business
- Understand the business to effectively identify and manage the risk areas from a monitoring perspective.
- Continual assessment of methodology for alignment with industry best practice and group guidelines.
- Support provision of input to governance committees based on the results of compliance monitoring activities
- Monitor (on an on-going basis) in conjunction with the combined assurance structure, the adherence to the Compliance Governance-, legal- and regulatory standards in order to identify further areas of improvement and detect significant compliance breaches and exposures
- Assist and advise on the resolution of compliance audit / monitoring issues
- Group Compliance (including the centres of excellence).
- SBAF and Group Executives.
- Africa PBB Business Area Heads.
- Group Internal Audit (including the Risk Assurance Team and other combined assurance providers).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Risk, Internal Control or Audit experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial sector statutory, regulatory and business environment.
Minimum, 5 years experience in the financial services industry, 3 of which should be in Risk, Compliance,Audit, Internal Control in an international bank Exposure to monitoring/auditing principles
Problem solving, planning & decision making
- Strong analytical ability at a tactical level
- Application of innovative/ creative thinking
- Ability to recommend solutions at an operational level
- Ability to assess the potential implications of issues identified on a bank-wide basis
- Ability to identify appropriate information sources and perform the necessary analysis to achieve objectives of assignment
- Provide support to direct report in interpreting information, identifying anomalies and in formulating solutions
Method of Application
Closing Date : 22nd April, 2020